Each Advent season, we do a fitness challenge. The Advent Fitness Challenge started two years ago with an idea. An idea that, while the holiday season is full of yummies and cocktails, we always seem to end up setting New Year’s resolutions to get fit and lose weight. As kids, we also have wonderful memories of opening each window of an advent calendar. We thought, why not start our fitness resolution little early and have some fun in the process.
The challenge begins on December 1st and goes through December 25th – also known as the Advent.
Each day you complete a circuit of:
- Jumping Jacks
- Push Ups
- 5-second Plank Holds
On Day 1, you just have to do one of each. Easy right! On day two you do two of each. On day three, you do three of each.
You see how the pattern continues. We keep incrementing up one until, on the 25th December, you’re doing 25 of each. Each page below outlines exactly what you need to do.
- Day 1: Just Do It
- Day 2: Piece of Cake
- Day 3: Feeling Stronger
- Day 4: Push Up Monday
- Day 5: Wobbly Day
- Day 6: You Can Do It!
- Day 7: Keep on Keepin’ on!
- Day 8: Burpee Fun!
- Day 9: Ladies Dancing
- Day 10: Part of My Daily Routine
- Day 11: Holiday Parties
- Day 12: No-Skip Tuesday
- Day 13: Halfway Point
- Day 14: Support Each Other
- Day 15: Winter Wonderland
- Day 16: Squealing With Delight
- Day 17: Laughing So Hard You Can’t Breathe
- Day 18: One Week Left
- Day 19: Puddle on the Floor
- Day 20: Cookie for You
- Day 21: Lost My Mind
- Day 22: Focus. Balance. Be Still.
- Day 23: Catch Up Day
- Day 24: Final Push
- Day 25: Wonderful You!
Frequently Asked Questions / Comments:
- Can I start after December 1st? – Yes of course. Jump in anytime.
- What if I can’t do a burpee? – No worries. Use a modification that works for you.
- I can only hold a plank for 5 seconds. – Great. Just do as much as you can.
- I’m not on Facebook, can I comment here? Yes! You can also participate on 3DLILA’s Twitter feed.
- What if I miss a day? We’re no judgment here. You can make up the day (and repeat) or just skip it. It’s about community and helping each other.
- Have another question? Just let us know and we’ll add it here.
NOTE: This is not a medically supervised fitness plan. Please consult your physician before participating in any physical exercise.